Dollar Handles is one of the best ways to engage with donors.
Instead of having donors contribute to a general fund directly to the charity, a dollar handle allows you to show exactly what the donation will go towards – whether it is a specific product or service that you provide to do the great work that you do.
When thinking about creating dollar handles you need to consider the following things
- A compelling gift that links directly to what you are trying to achieve.
- Be sure to have a varied price range so anyone can donate. Ranges from as little as $2, $5, and $10 onwards will help with attracting donors.
- Clear imagery and titles to grab the attention of potential donors.
- A clear description of the item or service, the benefit it delivers, how it is used, how many are used throughout the year, and how it helps your charity achieve its mission
- The price of the dollar handle is really important. We would recommend that any charity has a range of directed gifts that cover all budgets. Think about the different types of ways people can give – one-off giving, regular giving via credit card or payroll giving, and then one-off special giving.
- Be sure to add dollar handles and update your current Dollar Handles regularly.
- Share your dollar handles on your social media platforms for all to see with the link to the GoodCompany platform.
Corporate Payroll Giving where 70%+ of donations are less than $24. Start with price points from $2.
Giving at home or Public Donations Price points $30- $1000 + are recommended.
All donors can choose to filter by price range on the portal, so you want to ensure your dollar handles come up when filtered by price.