Ready to give your time, talent and treasure?
It is critical to set up "dollar handles" charity page, these will tell donors what projects they will be supporting with their donation. Get creative with them and incorporate impact stories which we all know donors love.
The dollar handles act as your advertisements, and are shared across not only the GoodCompany platform, but also the corporate partners payroll giving platforms.
See example below:
- Without them, your charity won’t be shown when donors filter by ‘cause’ or ‘$‘ and this could mean thousands of lost donation opportunities.
- With them, you are able to raise funds organically on the platform; giving your charity a voice 24/7.
Creating Dollar Handles
- We have two target audiences you need to consider
i Corporate Workplace Giving where 70%+ of donations are less than $24. Start with price points from $2.
ii Giving at home or Public Donations Price points $30+ are best.
- We recommend a minimum of 8 gifts. (jpg/png/gif/bmp, recommended ratio minimum width and height of 600px * 400px, max 6mb)
- Multiple directed gifts, at different price points, can relate to one program but each gift’s title must be unique.
Promoting your page.
- Add links to email signatures, e-newsletters and relevant pages on your website
- Share your page and individual gifts with your networks using the share functions provided and ask your networks to share for you
- Use the Appeals we create for you e.g. Christmas Time & Tax Time Appeals. Share these Appeal pages in emails and on social media.
1. Review donation reports regularly.
Once per month download your donation report to review what’s working and what’s not. At the same time, upload fresh images to your dollar handles.
2. Publish ALL of your volunteer needs on the GoodCompany portal.
Hands On "General" and Skilled volunteer roles will increase engagement. Charities frequently ask “how can we gain greater support from the GoodCompany corporate network? GoodCompany’s platform unlocks the nexus between volunteering and workplace giving, so increase your reach by connecting with staff via volunteer opportunities.
3. Fundraise on GoodCompany portal.
Utilise your membership with us for peer to peer fundraising. You will receive 100% of the donations - keep this in mind for your next fundraising event!
Please sign in to leave a comment.