It is important to ask an organisation if they have insurance to cover you in the case of accident or injury as Volunteers are not paid employees and are therefore not covered by WorkCover. You should ask the organisation if they have both Public Liability (the policy must mention Volunteers) and personal accident insurance for volunteers.
Articles in this section
- Can I apply as a team?
- Why should I volunteer?
- What types of volunteering are there?
- How do I apply for a volunteer opportunity?
- Are there any special requirements for volunteering?
- How much time do I have to commit to the project?
- How can I track how much time I've given?
- Do I need to pay to apply for a volunteering role?
- Who can volunteer via GoodCompany?
- This is my first time skilled volunteering, what is it?